Yakitori Japanese Chicken Skewers “En Brochette”
En Brochette, or “on a skewer,” is the first way that Chef Myron® prepared any dish when he returned from Japan. He created this favorite chicken dish with Yakitori sauce, sure to be one of your favorites too.
- Ready in: 25 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish, Side Dish
Chef Myron’s® Yakitori Sauce
- 26 bamboo skewers
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1″ strips
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced into 1″ lengths
- 1 cup Chef Myron’s® Yakitori Sauce
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, preheat the oven to 500°F, set on broil OR prepare the grill.
- On each skewer, thread the chicken and scallions.
- In a shallow baking dish, arrange the kebabs in one layer, touching each other.
- Add Yakitori Sauce. Turn skewers to coat with sauce.
- Place broiler pan about 3 inches from heat and broil chicken. Or place directly on the grill.
- Turn skewers after about 6 minutes.
- Brush with more sauce and continue boiling for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with extra Yakitori Sauce for dipping.