Vegetarian Thai Red Curry
Try this yummy Thai Red Curry dish with tofu and vegetables. It is made using Chef Myron’s® Red Thai Curry and Yakitori Sauces. The combination is a knock-out!
- Servings: 4
- Ready in: 1½ Hours
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Chef Myron’s®Thai Red Curry Sauce
Chef Myron’s® Yakitori Sauce
- 1 lbs block firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup Chef Myron’s® Yakitori Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup baby corn, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pouch Chef Myron’s® Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves, fresh
- Steamed rice, as desired
- Prepare the tofu by removing it from the package, wrap in a cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel, and press it with a heavy item such as a cast-iron pot or heavy book for 30 minutes. This process removes the excess moisture and allows it to soak up the marinade. Marinate the tofu in the Yakitori Sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat oil in a medium-high skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add tofu, bell peppers, zucchini, baby corn, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Heat a large sauce-pan to medium. Add in the pouch of Thai Red Curry Sauce and the coconut milk. Add the tofu and vegetables from the skillet, along with fresh basil leaves, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil and serve with steamed rice.