Enjoy layer after layer of flavor with these “Super Nachos,” made with Summit Hill Foods Cheese Roux. Start with your favorite chips, add beans, meat, cheese and more.
- Ready in: 30 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods Cheddar Roux
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 white onion, small
- 1/2 lbs beef, ground
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 oz Summit Hill Foods Cheddar Roux
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/8 cup cilantro, fresh, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into two halves
- Arrange chips in a baking dish or platter and set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Mince the garlic, slice the jalapeño pepper and dice the white onion. Put 1/2 into the bowl with the tomatoes and set aside.
- Sauté the other 1/2 of the garlic, jalapeño pepper and onion. Sauté for about 1 minute. Then add the meat and thoroughly cook until browned. Season it with some salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne.
- In a medium sauce pot, heat the Cheddar Roux and heavy cream. Add in cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small sauce pot, put a can of refried beans and heat the beans.
- Then layer beans, meat mixture and cheese sauce over the chips.
- Sprinkle the salsa mixture over the nachos.
- Juice one half of the lime and sprinkle over the nachos.
- Cut the other half of the lime into four quarters for garnish.
- Top with cilantro for additional garnish and serve!
Meet the Chef
Chef & Food Scientist
Chef Maryanne loves it when culinary art & science combine. With degrees in both from the Culinary Institute of America in New York, she loves everything about food! Her passion began at the ripe age of 3 when she made her first eggs and the rest is history.