Soubise Flatbread Pizza
Thin crust flatbread pizza with creamy soubise sauce, roasted garlic cloves, rappini (broccoli rabe) and roasted bell peppers, finished with feta cheese.
- Ready in: 30-35 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods® Soubise Sauce Mix
If you’re stretching dough thinner, bake time will be reduced. Don’t forget to score the dough before adding sauce and check it periodically while heating to burst any dough bubbles.
- cup Cornmeal for dusting countertop and pan
- 1 lbs pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 45 grams Summit Hill Foods® Soubise Sauce Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup broccoli rabe, blanched, cooled, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium-sized sauce pot bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Whisk in soubise sauce mix until dissolved. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Allow to simmer until thickened.
3. Sprinkle cornmeal on countertop and cookie sheet or pizza stone. Form pizza dough long and narrow (or your preferred shape). Place pizza on baking surface.
4. Ladle soubise sauce on top of pizza dough. Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on the sauce.
5. Arrange broccoli rabe, red pepper strips, garlic cloves and feta cheese on top.
6. Bake until golden brown and crispy. Approximately 20-25 minutes.
Meet the Chef
After graduating from the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute, Chef Nick worked as a line cook, caterer, head restaurant chef and eventually found his passion as an R&D chef. And he did so all over the place, from New York to St. Thomas to his home state of Louisiana.