Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
This scrumptious shrimp scampi over linguini is created using our Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux, along with a traditional garlic butter flavor sure to please any palate.
- Servings: 2
- Ready in: 30 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux
- 4 oz linguini noodles
- 3 oz broccoli florets, small
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste preference
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz milk
- 1 oz Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 16 oz shrimp, medium
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini noodles and cook until al dente, about 5 to 10 minutes. Then strain the noodles and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli and set aside.
- Mince garlic, grate Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Using a small sauce pot, heat the milk (don’t scald it!).
- Using a medium sauté pan, heat the Parmesan Roux for about 1 minute on medium heat. Don’t let it change color. Then add in the hot milk and mix with the hot roux. Once thoroughly mixed, add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in linguini noodles and mix until sauce is thoroughly coating the noodles. Put on low heat and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium sauté pan or skillet. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cayenne pepper as well.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley; then remove from heat.
- Split the linguini pasta between two plates. Then place the steamed broccoli and shrimp scampi on top of the linguini. Add a little bit of the melted garlic butter over the top, to taste.