Potato and Cheddar Soup
You’ll go crazy over this creamy, delicious potato and cheddar cheese soup. The addition of a little bacon and chives is perfection!
- Servings: 4
- Ready in: 30 Minutes
- Ideal application: Appetizer, Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods Cheddar Roux
- 4 oz bacon, sliced
- 4 tsp chives
- 1 medium onion
- 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Water
- 4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz Summit Hill Foods Cheddar Roux
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Slice the bacon into lardons. Finely chop the chives and set aside. Dice the onions, and peel and cube the baking potatoes.
- In the small sauté pan, cook the sliced bacon and then set aside in a bowl.
- With the bacon fat (about 2 tablespoons), sauté the small diced onion in a large sauce pot. Then add the garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the potatoes, water and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Occasionally stir until potatoes are tender.
- Remove some of the liquid and blend until it is at a soup consistency.
- Put the Cheddar Roux in the pan and start to heat up (don’t let the color change). Add the roux to the potatoes. Once thoroughly mixed, add in the cheddar cheese.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Using an 8-ounce ladle, scoop out the potato cheese soup in four soup bowls, and top with bacon and chives.