Loaded Bacon-Onion Fries
Indulgent shareable or standalone snack—no judgement. Crispy french fries topped with creamy soubise sauce, crispy bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes and pepper jack cheese.
- Ready in: 20-25 Minutes
- Ideal application: Appetizer
Summit Hill Foods® Soubise Sauce Mix
Some like to soak house-chopped fries in a brine before frying. It’s not entirely necessary, though it gives them more flavor. Patting dry before frying will get that crispier texture you’re after, especially when you’re loading them up with ingredients.
- 2 cup french fries
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 45 cup grams Summit Hill Foods® Soubise Sauce Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (seeded and peeled)
- 1 cup bacon lardons (cooked and crispy—about ¼-inch thick, 1-inch long before cooking)
- 2 tbsp chives (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1. Heat oil to 350°F. Heat enough to fry 2 cups of french fries.
2. In a small sauce pot, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add dry soubise sauce mix and whisk until dissolved. Bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Gently place fries in hot oil and fry until cooked through and crispy (3-4 minutes).
4. Remove fries from hot oil and place in mixing bowl. Toss fries with kosher salt and black pepper.
5. In a cast iron serving dish or bowl, layer poutine with fries, soubise sauce, bacon, diced tomatoes, pepper jack cheese and chives. Continue laying until all ingredients are used.
Meet the Chef
After graduating from the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute, Chef Nick worked as a line cook, caterer, head restaurant chef and eventually found his passion as an R&D chef. And he did so all over the place, from New York to St. Thomas to his home state of Louisiana.