Enchiladas with Mole
Try these delicious enchiladas with mole sauce. Chef Maryanne Jones created this amazing Mexican dish using our Summit Hill Foods Mole Concentrate.
- Ready in: 30 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods Mole Concentrate
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 oz canned green chiles
- 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1.5 oz Summit Hill Foods Mole Concentrate
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, fresh, for garnish
- 2 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Peel and dice a small onion and place in a bowl.
- Using the medium sauté pan, melt the butter. Once melted, add the onion and sauté until tender.
- Add the green chiles and ground beef. Cook until the meat is fully cooked, drain the fat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, put the Mole Concentrate and the water. Whisk until the sauce starts to boil. Place on low heat and stir occasionally.
- In the small frying pan, place some oil and lightly fry the tortillas until soft. Repeat until all corn tortillas are done.
- Stuff each tortilla with shredded beef mixture, drizzle in mole sauce and roll the tortillas. You will use ⅔ of the mole sauce inside of your tortillas. Make sure the tortilla is seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining mole sauce over the enchiladas; top with grated cheese and chiles.
- Bake the enchiladas for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Pull out of the oven, sprinkle on cilantro and top with sour cream.