Creamy Parmesan Mushroom with Orzo
Your guests will thank you and come back for more after trying this Parmesan chicken orzo dish made with Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux and Chicken Base.
- Servings: 4
- Ready in: 40 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux
Summit Hill Foods Chicken Base
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz onions, sliced
- 2 oz Summit Hill Foods Parmesan Roux
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 14 oz water
- 2 oz Summit Hill Foods Chicken Base
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mince the garlic, slice the mushrooms and wash the spinach.
- Heat a large skillet. Add olive oil and butter. Heat until bubbly. Sear chicken on each side for 4 to 5 minutes until a beautiful crust forms. (If chicken is not fully cooked that is okay it will further cook with orzo). Remove seared chicken and slice into ½-inch slices. Put into a medium bowl.
- Reduce heat and add mushrooms; sauté until they are almost tender. Add in the Parmesan Roux, minced garlic and the orzo and sauté for about 1 minute. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add water, Chicken Base, cream and spinach. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Place the chicken on top of the orzo mixture, and cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken and orzo have fully cooked. Internal temperature of chicken should be at least 165oF.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.