Chile Rellenos with Mole
Ever tried chile rellenos? We make them fast and easy with our Summit Hill Foods Mole Concentrate. Get delicious flavor in a fraction of the time!
- Servings: 2
- Ready in: 30 Minutes
- Ideal application: Main Dish
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 1 oz green chiles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 oz Mole Concentrate
- 8 oz water
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Char the outside of the poblano peppers using a gas burner, holding with tongs and rotating as needed. If you don’t have a gas stove, use the broiler setting on your oven and turn periodically until the poblano peppers are charred on the outside.
- Put peppers in a ziplock bag for 5 to 7 minutes to steam.
- Peel the peppers by rubbing with a paper towel.
- Cut one side of the poblano to lay open, and de-seed the pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese and green chiles.
- Stuff the poblanos with the cheese and green chile mixture.
- Put aluminum foil on a sheet pan, and place the poblanos on the foil, seam-side down. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While poblanos are baking, mix the Mole Concentrate and water in a small sauce pot. Mix and heat until it comes to a low boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Check the peppers, when cheese has melted, remove from the oven.
- Top the poblano peppers with 2 oz. mole and sprinkle with more cheese.